Important facts and need to know items
- The Lease must be signed and returned with the deposit paid within 3 business days of the approval of the application. If you fail to comply with this we may continue to market the property to other applicants.
- All residents over 18 must sign the lease and have been approved on the tenant application. The application is 30 dollars per adult over 18, we work on a first come first serve basis. That means that once the application has been submitted that the time and date is logged. If you are an applicant that was approved but not first in line on a property we will hold your application and move it to another property within a 30 day period. For credit purposes we cannot hold it for any longer. Also each resident over 18 must have their initials on the bottom of “The Rules” page.
- The deposit and first month’s rent will need to be paid with certified funds. We will accept a money order or a cashier’s check. (We have noticed that Walmart offers this form of payment with little costs.)
- The deposit must be paid and will be used to hold the property until rent has been paid in full and you bring in confirmation that utilities have been transferred to your name as of your move in date. Once everything has initially been paid, in the future you will be able to pay rent on line if you choose to do so, or you can mail in or drop off your payment to the office.
- If the property is older than 1978 you will need to review the lead based paint pamphlet. Look for “Lead Warning Statement” Once you locate it you will find 3 lines labeled for residence to initial. Please review and Initial. This is for every home built after 1978, you can find this at http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/leadpdfe.pdf. If you like you can simply print this off and initial the pages and bring them into the office at the time of lease signing, or pick one up at the office when you arrive. We encourage you to research this before you come into the office.
Your rent must be paid prior to move-in and in order to receive the keys. Also if your move-in date is after the 20th of the month you will need to bring in the prorated amount for that month along with the next month’s rent
The goal of our company is to provide a pleasurable experience during your stay with us. To accomplish that goal we have put together rules that must be followed to protect the peace and quiet enjoyment that you deserve, and that everyone around you is entitled to. The rules:
- Renters Insurance: Understand that the owners Ins. Doesn’t cover any of your personal property. You are not covered for theft, vandalism, weather catastrophes, and fire ext.Please Purchase Renters Insurance, it’s relatively inexpensive.
- Your safety: Keep it looked up while you are out for any reason or length of time. The storage of gas or any other combustibles in the property is not allowed. Check the smoke detector & frequently, replace the 9 volt battery regularly. If you find that it isn’t working after battery installation call us immediately for a replacement.
- Locked out: You are responsible for the property, and while occupying need to have an owner’s mentality. If you find that you have locked yourself out of the property call a locksmith to be let it. If it’s during office hours we might be able to open it for you for our service fee of $35 dollars. Which you would need to be paid at time of completion.
- Maintenance Requests: All requests must be in writing; you can email us at Frontdesk@westpropertymanagement.net or simply drop off your written request at the office. If you don’t have access to a computer come into the office and use ours, we have one on the wall for tenant support.
- Responsibilities: Report immediately if: you notice a dripping faucet, running toilets, leaky water heater, and a drip under the sink or any other items that need to be repaired. You are responsible for keeping drains in working order and for all costs of repairs for clearing stopped up toilets, sinks and all drains. Nothing should be flushed down the toilet other than human waist and toilet paper. Do not pour grease or any fats from cooking down the kitchen drain. Clean the shower drain frequently (hair) and sinks to avoid clogs and other related issues. Dishwashers must be used every 14 days to keep them working properly. The property must be kept clean in both sanitation and debatable odors. Keep all appliance and any other manuals on top of the refrigerator. If you need help or suggestions for cleaning the drains refer to our tenant helps page on our site.
- Occupancy: Is subject to names on the lease. If you have guests staying for longer than 7 days, please get prior approval in writing from the landlord at West Property Management.
- Vehicles: Noworking on any vehicle or motorcycle in the parking area, carport or garage. This includes tire replacement, oil changes and tune ups. If you have a leaky vehicle place a catch oil pan underneath it. You are liable for cleaning up your vehicles leaky mess. No non-working cars allowed in the carport. Vehicles that are parked on locations that obstruct the view of flowing traffic in and out of the premises will be towed at owner’s expense. If assigned parking, park in the assigned area only. Guests must park their vehicles on the street.
- Noise: Theater systems, radio’s and any other form of noise are to be kept at a volume that cannot be heard in the adjacent building. The use of all common areas (patio, parking lots, etc.) shall be between 9am and 10pm. This means that Birth Day Parties and BBQ’s must move quietly inside for the quiet enjoyment of others.
- Common area: No littering of cigarette butts, papers, trash, or beer cans allowed anywhere on the driveways, hallways, or other common areas by tenants or guests. Clothing or towels shall not be hung outside on any ledge or balcony.
- Pest Control: Tenant is responsible for all pest control and any pest control service shall be at the tenants expense. Owner and Landlord is not responsible for any damage to tenants or guests personal property, and furthermore we suggest that the property shall be kept clean. This will eliminate most common pest issues.
- Garbage: You’re responsible for the property inside and out. If debris is found on the property or the adjacent property you may be found liable. Keep your trash in the proper containers and make sure its removed frequently
- Smoking: No Smoking in or around the building. ( MUST BE 25 FEET FROM THE BUILDING )
- After Hour Emergency: Call only if damage is occurring to person or property and something can be done such as turning off the water. Most urgent matters will have to wait for daytime hours to address and fix the problem, such as power outages or noise complaints etc. We will handle these issues in a timely manner and do ask for your patience with these situations.
Move out Inspection and Instructions
This letter is confirmation that we received notice of your intent to vacate the home you are now renting.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: In order to prevent any misunderstanding regarding your refund, move out instructions and procedures are enclosed. Please provide your landlord with a forwarding address in writing or email.
EARLY VACATE & RE-RENTING: If you leave early, please notify us, turn in your keys, and we will be able to perform the walk-through inspection, and we will be able to return your deposit sooner. If we are able to re-rent your unit within your time of obligation, you will get the rent for the overlapping period refunded to you.
KEYS: All keys to the property need to be returned. Your property will not be considered vacant until we have received your keys. Garage door openers should be left in a kitchen drawer. There is a $40 fee if no keys are returned and a $75 fee if garage door openers are not left at the property.
MOVE OUT INSPECTION: It is not necessary for you to be present during your move-out inspection. Although, If you would like to be present during your inspection, please call the office after you vacate the property and have turned in the keys to schedule your Inspection. We will provide a 3 hour window on when we will be doing the inspection. If you are not ready when the inspector shows up, then it will be performed without you. Keep in mind that the property should be cleaned and empty for this appointment.
REFERAL $$$: It is very important to keep your home looking its best as prospective Tenants may be driving by your home and YOU can earn referral $$$ by helping us find a great Tenant like yourself to rent the home. Be sure to tell friends at work and any clubs or associations. We may also place a Yard Sign to help you earn referral fee.
STAY WITH US: If you are still deciding where to live go to Westpropertymanagement.net If you are a tenant in good standing we will waive application fees and give you access to your new home a week early so you have more time to move.
Is always a good place to find moving boxes for free or at a discount.
Also look at your local U-Haul office to find: dolly, plastic wrap, tape, taping machines and packing paper. Boxes, tape and taping machines are also located at Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Lowes.
Good luck and we wish you the best with your move.
West Property Management
Move out Instructions
- ___ All keys are to be returned to the office for the property to be considered vacant
- ___ Leave garage door openers in a kitchen drawer
- ___ All floors swept, washed, and waxed.
- ___ All walls & ceilings dusted down & all dirt, smudges, & grease washed off.
- ___ Wash down all baseboards, woodwork, and windowsills.
- ___ Clean and wash all light fixtures and vent covers.
- ___ Thoroughly clean all bathroom fixtures – toilet (s), bathtub (s), showers, sinks, and cabinets.
- ___ Kitchen, Clean, wash inside & outside, removing all dirt & grease including kitchen sink & fixtures
- ___ Clean behind & between stove and refrigerator area.
- ___ Clean storage area.
- ___Sweep & wash hallway floors and dust hallway walls.
- ___ Vacuum carpets, they will be professionally cleaned after you move out(If you have them professionally cleaned you must provide a receipt when you turn in your keys)
- ___ Clean closets, shelves, & rods wiped down.
- ___ Clean all windows, storms, screens, and return them to their proper place.
- ___ Remove all items from attic, crawlspace, basement, yard, shed, etc.
- ___ Lawn, garage, outbuildings, to be free of all trash, rubbish, cigarette butts, and personal property
- ___ Lawn trimmed and cut properly, including removal of leaves.
- ___ All trash and garbage to be removed from property. DO NOT PILE up garbage at the curb.
- ___Remove all garbage from property before your inspection.
- ___ Do not remove phone jacks, picture hooks, or curtain rods and brackets.
- ___Repair or replace any broken door stops.
- ___ LIGHT BULBS – ALL light fixtures are to have working light bulbs in ALL bulb sockets.
- ___Smoke alarm(s) will be in working order with good battery.(Replacement Battery Required) 9volt
- ___ Remove any satellite dishes, TV’s and seal all holes caused by the installation
Any repainting, repairs cleaning, trash removal, and any other expenses associated with returning the condition of your home to your move-in condition can be deducted from your security deposit. Your security deposit will be mailed to the forwarding address you provide within 30 days after your Move-out inspection has been completed. Attached is a list of fees and charges for your information.
We recommend that you print this form off and use it as a check list, doing so will keep you on target for getting your full deposit back! We only expect you to return your home in the same condition as when you moved in.
If you have any questions, please call. GOOD LUCK with your move!
What to do before you call in a maintenance request:
Clear your shower or bathroom sink-can you say zip it!
Unclog that garbage disposal-see how the pros do it!
Proper use of garbage disposal & how to make it smell great!
What do I do if I smell gas in the house? Natural gas smells like rotten eggs
Important tips on changing your furnace filter (should be done regularly)
Testing and checking batteries on detectors could save your life-Tips
Partial sink jam? How to clear the drain with a plunger!
Step by step instructions on what to do if the wrong soap was used in the dishwasher